What is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
A web conferencing tool that integrates with Blackboard Learn.
- Shared audio/video/text chat for up to 100 participants
- Shared whiteboard
- Shared applications (requires Google Chrome)
- Shared files
How can I try the new Bb Collaborate Ultra?
Open a service request in Team Dynamix and request Bb Collaborate Ultra be enabled in a Blackboard Learn Prep Area and give it a try. Then, if you like it, request that it be enabled in your live course section.
Is it available for mobile?
If students want to participate on a mobile device, they must download the Bb Student app.
Anyone who is the session Moderator must use a desktop or laptop computer.
I currently use an older version of Bb Collaborate. Should I switch to Ultra?
Please consider the following before becoming an early adopter of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra:
- Bb Collaborate Ultra is easy to use; no extra downloads or Java required.
- Better quality audio/video
- Does NOT currently support breakout rooms; (coming in Spring or Summer of 2016)
- Does NOT currently include the polling feature; (coming in a later release)
- Does NOT currently support pre-scripted Plan files; (TBD)
- Limited recording playback; currently includes EITHER the webcam mode, or the whiteboard/application share mode, but not both at the same time.
- Refer to Blackboard’s Understanding the Changes reference guide for full details.
How can I learn more?
Schedule a meeting with a TLP ITC consultant to go through potential use cases for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.