- Modernized interface
- Browser-based (no more Java launcher download)
- High definition audio and video
- Session attendance reports
- Shared content, polling, and breakout rooms
How do I try it?
- Login to Blackboard Learn.
- Access any course.
- From your course menu, click (+) and add a tool link to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Click Join Room to check out Bb Collaborate using your default course room.
- Refer to Blackboard’s Getting Started resources if you want to quickly learn how to share content, invite guests, record a session, etc.
If interested, sign up for TLP training coming this August.
Is it available for mobile?
Participants must download the Bb Student app to view a session on their mobile devices.
- Does not currently support live, synchronous sessions with more than 100 live participants. (This limitation does not apply to recordings.)
- Moderators must use the Google Chrome browser to share desktop applications.
- Recordings do not play back text Chat activity. As a workaround, the instructor can save the Chat to a text file.
- Recordings do not play back instructor video if content shared at the same time. Live participants can see both; but not in the recordings.
- Does not currently support Plan (.elp) files