Blackboard has discontinued Collaborate “Classic,” for its more modern interface referred to as Collaborate “Ultra.” This means you will no longer have access to Blackboard Collaborate Classic or Classic recordings as of Spring 2017.
Accessing your Blackboard Collaborate Classic Recordings
If you would like save any of your Bb Collaborate Classic recordings, follow the steps in this tutorial or contact the Technology and Learning Program (TLP) at 898-6167. Please save your recordings prior to February 15, 2017.
Web-Based Video Conference Options for Spring 2017
CSU Chico now supports two web video conference technologies:
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
While Zoom has a reputation of being more robust and easier to use, we are still in the early adoption phase and you should note that the integration with Blackboard Learn is not as deep as Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. We recommend you meet with a consultant from the Technology and Learning program to determine the best option for your needs.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra / Zoom Feature Comparison
How do I try Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- Login to Blackboard Learn.
- Access any course.
- From your course menu, click (+) and add a tool link to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Click Join Room to check out Bb Collaborate using your default course room.
- Refer to Blackboard’s Getting Started resources if you want to quickly learn how to share content, invite guests, record a session, etc.
How do I try Zoom?
- From your web browser, go to http://www.csuchico.edu/zoom.
- Click Sign In.
- From your Personal Meeting Room, click Start and invite a friend to join you. It’s fun and easy.
- Refer to the Getting Started with Zoom at Chico State guide for information on changing default settings, enabling breakout rooms, and integrating with Blackboard Learn.
How can I learn more?
The Technology and Learning Program is available to do individualized Blackboard Collaborate Ultra or Zoom training for faculty and support staff. Contact Jim Aird (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marjorie Shepard (email@example.com) to schedule your training for December 2016 or January 2017.