The Technology and Learning Program is offering a series of Blackboard Learn brown-bag workshops the week of October 9th, in Tehema 131.
New faculty can sign up for our upcoming training workshops using this form.
Bb Learn Assignments
Monday, Oct. 9th 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
This workshop provides hands-on experience creating, presenting and grading assignments in Blackboard Learn.
- Create and edit Blackboard Learn assignments.
- Create a Bb Learn rubric and associate it with a Bb Learn assignment.
- Submit to an assignment using Student Preview.
- Enter a score and provide feedback for student submissions using Needs Grading or the Grade Center.
- Use the Inline Grading feature to mark up PDF and MS Word assignment submissions.
- Download assignments for viewing offline.
- Differentiate between a Bb Learn assignment and a Turnitin assignment.
Bb Learn Groups
Tuesday, October 10th 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
This workshop provides hands-on practice creating, editing, and using Bb Learn groups.
- Create a group using manual, self, or random enrollment
- Access groups from a content area or the My Groups shortcut.
- Differentiate between group and group set
- Create a group set using self or random enrollment.
- Edit group membership and properties
- Grade group work submitted using the group tools.
- Create and grade group assignments.
Bb Learn Tests
Wednesday, October 11th 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
This workshop provides an introduction to tests within Blackboard Learn.
- Create a test in a practice space.
- Add a variety of question types to a test.
- Set the test display options for students.
- Access student test attempts from the Grade Center.
- Run a test item analysis.
- Consider alternate methods to create tests through Respondus
Bb Learn Grade Center
Thursday, October 12th 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
This scenario-based, hands-on workshop provides experience working in a live gradebook that contains enrolled students, activities, and grades. The materials were created so that a faculty member can enter the gradebook and edit freely without fear of disrupting an actual live CSU Chico section. Each faculty member has access to his or her own private section and may edit, remove or add data in order to experiment with the gradebook feature of Bb Learn.
- The participants will be able to examine the full Grade Center and its tools.
- The participants will be able to experiment with a sample Grade Center, sample data and the associated tools.
- The participants will be able to take gained knowledge and apply it to their own class grade centers
Additional Training & Consultation Options
If the above dates/times do not work, you can:
- Stop by our drop in lab in MLIB 457 from 9:00-5:00 M-F. Phone is 898-6167.
- Request a consultation from an Instructional Technology Consultant.
- Department chairs can also request custom training for your department. Contact Laura Sederberg for more information.